Smith Brothers is a renowned high voltage power engineering contractor that has worked on hundreds of projects, large and small, throughout the UK and overseas. As an established High Voltage Electrical Power Contractor operating throughout the UK since 1990 Smith Brothers specialises in high and low voltage Power Generation & Distribution. The company supply, fit and carry out test/commissioning of switchgear, transformers and associated solutions.
In order to support ongoing project planning and detailed cash flow forecasting Smith Brothers asked Project Plan Services (PPS) to help them implement Microsoft Project Online. They were already using Microsoft Project to build offline plans but wanted to move up to the next level.
The Specific deliverables assigned to PPS were:-
- Configuration of enterprise custom fields, forms and views to reflect Smith Brothers’ method for categorizing and describing projects. Set up views with custom fields.
- Configuration of payment milestones and associated costs into Microsoft Project templates
- Configuration of different project types together with associated templates
- To define a baselining process and to configure within Project Online
- Set up a central resource pool together with generic resources i.e. representing skills or roles, not people and costs
- Review all existing current project plans and assist with migration into Project Online
- Review the solution and define future planning and management processes
- Development of a multi-project cashflow report in Excel directly linked to Project Online
- Assistance with user enrolment within Project Online and security configuration
- Project Manager and Administration training
Andreas Fritzche Operations Manager for Smith Brothers commented on the PPS involvement…
“PPS were a great help on this project, we knew what we wanted to do, but had no idea how to go about it, PPS were able to guide us in how to get exactly what we wanted out of the software, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to another company wanting their services.”
To find out how we can help your organisation implement Microsoft Project Online contact us here